By Neon Entertainment Agent, Danny Mackey
So, you’re heading to Walt Disney World for Spring Break! Here are the Top 10 Must Do’s!
10. Arrive Early – Spring Break tends to be one of the busiest times at the parks. The lines on rides tend to be smaller in the morning. So, take advantage of everyone sleeping in and get some rides in so you can have more time later in the day.
9. Make Fastpass Reservations – Fastpasses are Disneys way of letting you hold a place in line while you can enjoy other parts of the park. Then, you can get in line for rides during you Fastpass time and enjoyer a shorter wait. If you are staying on property at one of the many Disney Resorts, you can make Fastpass reservations 60 days prior to your trip. If you are staying off property 30 days prior. You can make 3 of these Fastpass reservations a day. If you take my suggestion of getting there earlier, use these later in the day so you can fly through lines when the park is more crowded.
8. Comfortable Shoes – A day at Disney World can be upwards of 10 plus miles of walking. This requires comfortable shoes, so don’t try wearing new shoes at parks. There is much magic in have blisters plus it will ruin the amazing time you can have at the “Happiest Place on Earth”
7. Get a Free Button – Disney gives out Free Buttons for all kinds of celebrations. Whether you are celebrating a birthday, anniversary or just celebrating grab a button! You can get them in all the parks in the Magic Kingdom they are available in City Hall. This added flair could score you some extra Disney Magic!
6. Pack a Poncho – Its spring in Central Florida so it has a good chance its rain at some point. Save yourself some money and hit up the dollar store and get a few ponchos. If don’t and you need one in the park, you’ll be shelling out $12!
5. Play Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom – This game is completely Free! Once inside the Magic Kingdom, head over to the Fire Station to get your playing cards, map and rules. This is a fun way to pass time in the park and experience some of the Disney Magic!
4. Trading with Jawa – If you plans have you heading over to Disney’s Hollywood Studios then be sure to go over to the Star Wars Launch Bay. Inside you can meet with Chewbacca or Kylo Ren but its the Jawas that you want to see. The Jawas have space junk that they would love to trade with you so come prepared with a trinket to trade with them.
3. Have a Dole Whip – Its a must try! If you love Pineapple this is the treat for you. A Dole Whip is pineapple ice cream or make it float with pineapple juice added. Yummy! In the Magic Kingdom you can get your Dole Whip at Aloha Isle in Adventureland!
2. The Kiss Goodnight – So, don’t rush out of the Magic Kingdom when it closes. Hang around a little bit for The Kiss Goodnight at Cinderella’s Castle. Its only 2 minutes long but its just part of the magic at Walt Disney World!
1. Meet Mickey Mouse – You didn’t go all the way to Walt Disney World not to get a picture with the Big Cheese himself. You can meet Mickey Mouse just as you enter the Magic Kingdom in the Town Square Theater. The best part, Mickey Mouse talks and if your lucky he might even do a magic trick! Remember, it all started with a mouse!
Lastly, if you are heading to the Happiest Place on Earth, have a safe and fun Spring Break and create some memories that will last a lifetime!