How to Magically Connect with Anyone
Brian Miller is a former globetrotting magician turned author and speaker. He works with organizations, educators, and students who want to create an environment where everyone feels heard, understood, and valued.
Brian credits his interest in magic with helping him get over childhood social and speech anxiety. Through traveling the world and entertaining people, Brian has learned the secret to connecting with others, and his mission is now to share this wisdom with the world.
His TEDx talk “How to Magically Connect with Anyone” went viral, being seen and shared by over 3 million people worldwide. Kaplan Test Prep calling it one of “5 TED Talks to Watch Before an Interview.” Watch his TEDx talk here.
Brian is the author of Three New People: Make the Most of Your Daily Interactions and Stop Missing Amazing Opportunities. It is a personal success book about the beauty and power of human connection in a distracted and divisive world. Critics and readers praise it as an “exemplary and insightful book filled with wit, honesty, and knowledge.”
He recently launched a podcast: One New Person is an interview-based show which takes a closer look at chance encounters to remind us that every interaction is meaningful, and everyone we meet is important.
How to Connect with Anyone, as if by Magic
Brian utilizes jaw-dropping magic demonstrations and laugh-out-loud stories from a career in entertainment to deliver a powerful message about human connection. Your students will not only be motivated to create a better world, but they will possess the tools and techniques to act on it. Those same tools will provide tangible results when they reach the workforce.
For Organizations & Educators:
The Magic of Perspectives: How to Connect When Everyone is Tuning Out
Rediscover how to engage your colleagues, clients, customers, or students in an ever-evolving digital age. Attendees will gasp, laugh, and love every minute of his legendary “Ed Story,” and leave with practical strategies to become better active listeners after learning his coveted E.A.R.S. system. This presentation is ideal as a kickoff keynote to set the tone of a conference, and an interactive workshop to break the routine.
- Create an environment in which everyone feels heard, understood, and valued
- Develop “perspective taking” skills that inspire meaningful connections
- Integrate the four components of the E.A.R.S. system for active listening into conversations
- Discover how to get out of one’s comfort zone in order to make new, daily connections
- Develop resiliency against failure
- WORKSHOPS & LONG KEYNOTES:
- Experiment with effective communication techniques
- Implement three techniques for effective interviewing & networking
- CORPORATE: Convert more customers, build more efficient teams, improve office morale, establish more repeat business, and keep more loyal employees
For more of Brian, check out his incredible Magic Act!