Conquering College Anxiety
“Conquering College Anxiety” is a program designed to highlight the simplest, most practical ways that students can develop skills that will help them feel more empowered and capable of achieving whatever they want while they’re in college.
STUDENTS AREN’T THE PROBLEM.
We live in unprecedented times. We face serious challenges. Lately, those challenges have seemed so monumental that many people are starting to lose hope.
- Young people believe the American Dream is a myth.
- College student anxiety and depression are at all-time highs.
- 18-22 year olds report the highest levels of loneliness of all Americans.
TECHNOLOGY ISN’T THE PROBLEM.
The great challenge we all face is that technology is evolving faster than we are evolving culturally.
The current generation of students are the product of that gap between technological advance and cultural lag. The unprecedented access that technology gives them to, well, nearly everything, has allowed us to overlook the things that technology cannot do:
- Access does not guarantee connection
- Information does not guarantee wisdom
- Awareness does not guarantee justice
HERE’S THE GOOD NEWS
We can help students. If we view the challenges above as skill deficits, then we can focus on skill development as a solution.
In this presentation, Paul Ramsay brings his expertise as a former educator, the strategies of a practicing hypnotist and Strategic Intervention Coach, and the energy of a nationally touring entertainer to serve you and your people. Paul uses technology to poll the audience about specific challenges they face, and tailors his presentation toward the information he gathers so that students are getting practical applications of the core content.
Send us a message to inquire about or to book Conquering College Anxiety:
Promotional Material Contract Rider
45 MIN FORMAT
- Developing Awareness: Fight, Flight, and Freeze
- Many people have heard about fight or flight at some point in life, but the there’s a third element of our threat response system that’s rarely discussed, and that’s “freeze.”
- Identify Your Primary Threat Response
1. People rarely bridge the concept of this old mechanism in our brains to modern cultural behaviors. How does the fight/flight/freeze actually affect us in the modern world?
- Skill Development: Hack Your Vagal Response
- The vagus nerve is the single longest nerve pathway in the human body, and it does some really important things, yet most people have never even heard of it.
- We’ll practice three simple techniques in the virtual session that can have quick and meaningful impacts on the way students feel.
90 MIN FORMAT
In addition to the material covered in the 45 min format, we take a deeper dive into what drives our fear response and what we can do about it.
- Human Needs Psychology
Learn the six basic human needs and how they govern all of our behavior and decision-making.
- A Survey of Polyvagal Theory
Learn how the way we typically use technology is actually making us feel unsafe and what we can do about it.
- Giving and Receiving: Practicing Compassion
- We conclude the presentation with practical strategies for connecting with other human beings.
- We explore the role of faith, in all its inclusive forms, as a means of feeling safe and grounded.
- When we feel truly connected, socially and spiritually, loneliness disappears.