Please complete the following information for your NACA submission. This form is our internal form and doesn’t go directly to NACA. We will contact you after completion if we need to review any details. Thanks!
Submission fee, to be paid to Neon, is $145.
Showcase Fees To Be Paid To NEON IF SELECTED TO SHOWCASE:
Club Showcase $845
Mainstage Showcase $1080
Master of Ceremonies $1080
Performance Sampler $295
Special Events $1575
Showcase Category Descriptions:
Club showcases include musical attractions, comedy, novelty, and other artists. Each attraction has 10 minutes to perform. Isolated dates for Club can be no higher than $1250 and can be exclusive of travel, but block prices must also be no higher than $1250 and include travel.
Mainstage showcases spotlight both established and up-and-coming artists. Artists perform for 10 minutes each. The key difference between a Club showcase and Mainstage showcase is the price stipulation for the Club showcase.
Master of Ceremonies Showcase
These acts introduce the other acts in spotlight showcase, and entertain
during set changes. This category includes acts that require a minimum set-up time and which can perform in front of the curtains or on the stage apron. Emcees are allotted 30 minutes of performance time in total.
Lecture acts are those that cover topics such as social awareness, political issues, health and environmental concerns, the arts, etc. This category is
primarily non-musical and educational. Lecture acts have 15 minutes to present. An act may take questions from the audience or conduct a question and answer session within their 15-minute period.
Roving Artist Showcase
This free-form category can show off any kind of novelty, variety or musical talent. Artists selected for this showcase perform in designated areas within the event facility. More than one roving Artist may be scheduled per day at the discretion of the showcase selection committee, in consultation with the NACA office. It is the intention that artists be mobile. NACA does not provide nor allow any equipment, sound or lighting for this category. The following guidelines will apply to this showcase category:
- Acts in this category cannot use any electrical outlets, lighting, staging, portable music players or anything else using batteries or an electrical outlet that produces sound. The roving Artist will be permitted to perform from 12:01 am until midnight on the day determined by the designated event contact and in areas determined by the NACA office.
- Performance times and locations may be limited due to site restrictions and facility policies.
- The Roving Artist is not allowed to perform during any Spotlight, Lecture, special event or sampler showcase.
- The Roving Artist may perform outside of the room during meal functions, but the performance must end no later than five minutes before the beginning of any showcase, awards program or any other activity deemed in direct conflict by the designated event contact.
- The Roving Artist may perform during an educational session but should not be seen or heard from an educational session room.
- Roving Artist acts will be introduced at the beginning of a Spotlight showcase on the act’s assigned showcase day and the showcase Production Coordinator will inform the act what time it will take place.
Special Event Showcase
Special event showcases are presented at various times and in various settings during the conference (conference orientation, late at night, etc.). If the performance is scheduled on the Primary Stage, NACA will provide production (sound, lights, staging). If the performance is provided on an Auxiliary Stage, the act is responsible for ALL production costs (e.g. sound, lights, labor, electric, staging, etc.) Performance times will vary (e.g. 20, 30 or 60 minutes) by region.
Artists will have five minutes to perform. Artists applying for this category must be able to perform with minimal sound reinforcement. NACA will provide house sound, consisting of four inputs (either microphone or direct input). There is no opportunity for a sound/light check.