Please complete the following information for your NACA submission. This form is our internal form and doesn’t go directly to NACA. We will contact you after completion if we need to review any details. Thanks!
Submission fee, to be paid to Neon, is $170.
Showcase Fees To Be Paid To NEON IF SELECTED TO SHOWCASE:
Master of Ceremonies $2,050
Make It & Take It $1,650
Spotlight High $820
Spotlight Low $820
Showcase Category Descriptions:
The Coffeehouse stage will bet set up in the lobby of the convention center during registration on the first day. Each act will have 20 minutes performance time with 5 minutes each for set-up and breakdown. Minimal production will be provided. Solo artists and duets only are eligible.
This showcase is designated for DJs to open up the showcase and bring energy to the crowd. There are two DJ showcases with 20 minutes of performance time.
Master of Ceremonies:
Emcees are selected to introduce each showcase performance and to entertain the audience between acts. Through comedy, music or magic, emcee attractions strengthen the overall showcase presentation and are allotted 25 minutes of Performance time for the showcase to display their unique talents.
Make It & Take It:
This free-form category can show off any kind of interactive novelty or variety. These showcases can include activity kit making or live artists such as caricatures, balloon artists, wire writing, spray painting t-shirts, tarot card reading, etc. Make It & Take It artists are allowed to perform during all NACA® Live hours, as long as they do not interrupt staged showcase performances or other NACA® Live activities. Artists selected for this showcase perform in designated areas within the event facility.
NACA does not provide any equipment, sound or lighting for this category. Note that the following guidelines will apply to this showcase category:
- Acts in this category cannot use any electrical outlets, lighting, staging, portable music players or anything else using batteries or an electrical outlet that produces amplified sound – without receiving prior permission from the NACA Office. The Make It & Take Its will be permitted to perform from the start of the first scheduled event until the end of the last scheduled event, in areas determined by the NACA Office.
- Performance times and locations may be limited due to site restrictions and facility policies.
- Make It & Take It artists may perform during meal functions, showcases and educational programs, but the performance must end no later than five minutes before the beginning of any awards program or any other activity deemed in direct conflict by the designated event contact. The activity should not be should not be seen or heard from an educational session room.
- Musical acts are NOT eligible for this showcase category.
- Make It & Take It acts will be introduced at the beginning of the first showcase that day.
- Set-up for acts in this category should not take more than a few minutes at maximum
Speakers are chosen to cover a diverse number of topics. Based on a recent survey, school members are most interested in topics on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Mental Health, Wellness, Leadership, and LGBTQIA+. Performance time is 15 minutes and is inclusive of any Q/A with the audience. Speaker showcase acts perform on the mainstage.
Spotlight High showcases include musical attractions, comedy, novelty and other artists. Each attraction has 10 minutes to perform.
Spotlight Low showcases include musical attractions, comedy, novelty and other artists. Each attraction has 10 minutes to perform. Seven attractions whose isolated price is no more than $2,000 are selected for this showcase. Block prices must include travel. Isolated date prices may be exclusive of travel.
Variety showcases are a 15 minute showcase.
These showcases are intended for traditional entertainment acts that need a longer time showcase time such as magicians, hypnotists, illusionists, mind readers, etc. as well as interactive and engaging programs such as game shows, karaoke, lip sync battles, dance lessons, etc.